Bend Park & Rec Operation Recreation “Team Up”
The Bend Park and Recreation District, in partnership with Bend-La Pine Schools, will offer a limited space all-day childcare program at Bend elementary schools to support working families during the Comprehensive Distance Learning period that will begin the 2020-21 school year.
All day program details Dates: September 16-October 23 Additional sessions will be added if distance learning is extended by Bend-La Pine Schools.
Location: All Bend elementary schools except for Amity and Westside Village. Children will be assigned to their home school whenever possible.
Cost: $200 per week (due bi-weekly), no application fee, financial assistance available for qualifying families
Ages: 1st-5th grades
The first round of applications have been processed. Applications will continue to be accepted while some spots remain available.
To register and for frequently asked questions visit https://www.bendparksandrec.org/activities/childcare/#oprec.
The health and safety of participants is our highest priority. We will have procedures and protocols in place that meet all COVID-related childcare and Oregon Health Authority guidelines. These include the following. Additional details and instructions will be provided to families before the start of the program.
- Stable group size will be limited to no more than 20 participants. The purpose of stable groups is to limit the potential spread of the virus should there be an exposure.
- Stable groups will have separate spaces and remain physically separate throughout the day.
- Staff ratio will normally be 1 staff to 10 or fewer participants and never more than 1 staff to 15 participants.
- Daily health screening will take place at check in.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged as much as possible.
- Face covering will be required for all staff and participants.
- Frequent hand washing, sanitization, and hygiene will be expected.