Children’s Forest Nature Clubs
Children’s Forest Nature Clubs provide a fun afterschool program with games, hands-on activities, art projects, and social connection. The clubs will meet weekly at parks or schools with staff from the Children’s Forest of Central Oregon and our partners. Participants will learn about nature, explore the park, and enjoy time outside.
In partnership with The Environmental Center
April 22 – May 27
Juniper Elementary, Bend
$22.50 for 6-week session** (includes snacks)
In partnership with Upper Deschutes Watershed Council
April 28 – May 19
Cascade Middle School, Bend
**Registration fee can be waived due to financial hardship. Enter coupon code WAIVE at checkout.
Programs will be limited to a stable cohort of no more than 20 children and follow health and safety guidelines from Oregon Department of Education and the Oregon Health Authority. Advance registration is required.
Register at https://childrens-forest.jumbula.com/#/home
Questions? Email email@example.com
Read the Children’s Forest’s COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan for In-Person Programs here. A summary of protocols are below:
- Face coverings are required for adult leaders, and for children when they are within 6 feet of each other
- Parents and caregivers are required to wear face coverings at drop-off and pick-up
- No contact sign-in process
- Daily temperature check for children
- Daily health questionnaire (in person or via text, if not present at drop-off)
- Recordkeeping of participants, parent or caregivers who are dropping off/picking up, and documentation of health checks for each day of the program
- Activities will be designed to maximize social distancing, but it is likely that 6 feet will not be maintained at all times
- Limited sharing of supplies and equipment. If sharing occurs, all participants will use hand sanitizer before and after.
- Participants may use play equipment. Hand sanitizer will be used before and after.
- Follow Oregon Department of Education Exclusion Summary for Child Care if symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 occurs in children or adults.