Now Hiring: NatureHoods Coordinator
The Children’s Forest of Central Oregon is seeking an enthusiastic educator who is passionate about connecting kids to nature for our NatureHoods Coordinator position. The NatureHoods Coordinator is an AmeriCorps member with the Bend Notre Dame Mission Volunteers, serving an 11-month term of service. Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver science lessons to K-5 students in their schoolyard or neighboring park
- Plan and deliver free family programs in NatureHoods that connect them to the natural
- Plan and deliver out-of-school programs that connect youth to the natural world, including participating in Warm Springs K-8 Academy’s Rise and Shine Program.
- Coordinate student-created projects for NatureHoods in schoolyards or local parks, which may include installing pollinator gardens, installing bird houses/bat boxes, designing interpretive signs, or other stewardship
- Recruit community volunteers to assist in implementing school and family programs
- Participate in AmeriCorps sponsored orientation, trainings, meetings, and disaster-related activities
The NatureHoods Coordinator will receive a $13,732 living stipend and a $5,920 education award, which can be used to pay off student loans. Learn more about the benefits of AmeriCorps here.
All applicants must complete an AmeriCorps profile through the CNCS online portal as well as a Notre Dame Application. Details with links to required applications can be found here. For more details on the application process, click here.
For questions about the NatureHoods Coordinator position, contact email@example.com or (541) 383-5592. For questions about the Bend Notre Dame Mission Volunteer Program, the application process, or AmeriCorps benefits, contact Celeste Goulding at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541) 788-8385.