The Deschutes Children’s Forest has developed a new resource, for teachers and administrators about educational field experiences in Central Oregon. This guide is intended to be a resource to be used by both teachers and administrators to provide them with information about the resources offered through the Deschutes Children’s Forest. We seek to add value to the work of our education partners by providing resources that help to remove barriers that prevent field experiences from happening. These resources include:
• Consolidated information about all of the field experiences available to schools in Central Oregon
• Access to the School Engagement Fund, which provides funding for transportation and substitute costs associated with field experiences and teacher trainings
• Teacher training opportunities
• Skyliner Lodge located on Deschutes National Forest, available as an outdoor classroom space
• Resource Co-op which provides field equipment and supplies that any teacher in Central Oregon can check-out
• Assistance with program adaptation for students with disabilities to encourage participation of all children in field expriences
• And more!
If you are a teacher, administrator, or homeschool parent in Central Oregon, download our Educational Field Experiences in Central Oregon: A Resource Guide for Teachers and Administrators.