Seeds of Gratitude
The Children’s Forest invites our community to participate in Seeds of Gratitude – a Central Oregon-wide appreciation event to highlight and celebrate the amazing work of educators, health care providers, youth, organizations, and businesses in connecting children to nature. This is occurring in lieu of our 2020 Children’s Forest Awards Luncheon, which has been cancelled due to COVID-19. During this unprecedented time, we are feeling the need to share some positivity and gratitute for the individuals and organizations who make this important work happen.
We invite anyone to send in a submission for Seeds of Gratitude, thanking a person, program, organization, or business who has made a difference in the community connecting kids to nature. The categories are:
- PreK-12 Teacher
- Nature Educator/Program (includes field trips, summer programs, afterschool programs, family programs)
- Health Care Champion
- Children and Nature Supporter (includes volunteers and donors)
- Outstanding Youth/Youth Project (recognizes youth that strive to make a positive impact through stewardship, leadership, or other actions connected to our mission)
We encourage gratitude for acts both big and small, and for any type of connection to nature, including in-home, backyard, and neighborhood adventures. This can include students thanking teachers, teachers thanking field trip leaders, staff thanking other staff, or community members thanking organizations.
To make a submission for Seeds of Gratitude, please:
- Complete this short form providing the details of your appreciation, AND
- Submit at least one visual component, which could include:
- Video recording of your appreciation (1 minute or less)
- Photos of the nominee and/or program
- Thank you card
- Any other ideas are welcomed and encouraged!
Visual components should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Children’s Forest of Central Oregon
63095 Deschutes Market Road
Bend, OR 97701
Submissions are due by Wednesday, June 10. The appreciations will be compiled into a short video, which will be shared through our website, social media, newsletter, and other communication channels with our partners. Everyone who is recognized will receive a small token of our appreciation. For questions, contact email@example.com.
Thanks for participating in this positive community effort!
Thank you to the Central Oregon Health Council for supporting Seeds of Gratitude.