Tiny Explorers is a new program presented by the Children’s Forest of Central Oregon. Tiny Explorers encourages new parents to kickstart a healthy life enjoying the outdoors by getting their little ones outdoors starting at a young age.
The program includes:
- Information to new families about the health and developmental benefits for time in nature
- Monthly outdoor meetups in three locations for new families
- Free baby carriers for participating families that qualify for the Oregon Health Plan
- Volunteer opportunities to host meetups
Attend A Meetup
Tiny Explorer Meetups are a time for new families to get together in the outdoors. Each meetup will have a volunteer that gathers the group and provides information about the program. Families then can go on walks or play in the park. There is no formal program, but the volunteer will provide suggestions for activities or places to explore.
Meetups occur monthly, beginning in January 2017.
- Bend: 2nd Tuesdays, 11 AM – 12 Noon, Pilot Butte Park
- Redmond: 3rd Tuesdays, 11 AM – 12 Noon, Sam Johnson Park
- Bend: 4th Tuesdays, 1 PM – 2 PM, Larkspur Park
Stay up-to-date with the meetup schedule by joining the Tiny Explorers Central Oregon facebook group. Meeetups will be cancelled with inclement weather. Cancellations will be posted to the facebook group.
Access A Baby Carrier
Families that participate in the program are eligible to access a free baby carrier to encourage outdoor time with your little one. Baby carriers are a great way to enjoy the fresh air with your baby.
Requirements to receive your free baby carrier:
- Attend at least 3 Tiny Explorer meetups. If you are unable to attend the dates or times offered, contact email@example.com to arrange alternatives. Volunteers will have sign-in sheets available at each event to track participation.
- Qualify for the Oregon Health Plan
- Complete an online survey about your outdoor activity with your baby within 3 months of receiving your baby carrier
Questions? Call Katie at 541-383-5592 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Children’s Forest is seeking committed volunteers to host meetups in Bend, Redmond, and other locations throughout Central Oregon. Volunteers responsibilities:
- Attend a short training about how to run a meetup
- Serve as the point person for the meetup
- Coordinate introductions and explanation of the program
- Distribute baby carriers to qualifying families
- Provide sign-in sheets and surveys to Children’s Forest staff
If you are interested in volunteering, email email@example.com.
Donate Your Baby Carrier
The Children’s Forest is accepting donations of your gently-used baby carriers to support families in need. Baby carriers can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Deschutes National Forest Headquarters: 63095 Deschutes Market Road, Bend
- High Desert Education Service District: 2804 SW Sixth Street, Redmond