Are you interested in working towards the Children’s Forest of Central Oregon’s mission of moving all children along a continuum of learning, exploration, and healthy living through engagement with nature? Do you have skills, experience, and time to offer? The Children’s Forest of Central Oregon offers many opportunities for the people of Central Oregon to get involved with working to get our youth outside.
2016 Volunteer Training
The Children’s Forest is offering a volunteer training for community members interested in working with environmental education and family programs. The training will provide skills for leading effective outdoor activities, group management in the outdoors, and natural history skills. Volunteers will learn about several education programs offered through Children’s Forest partners which provide ongoing volunteer opportunities this spring and beyond. Volunteers that attend the training are expected to volunteer at least 5 field days this school year and attend all days of the training.
Interested volunteers should:
- Have an interest and passion for working with youth outdoors
- Be able to attend all days of the training
- Be able to commit to leading at least 5 field days with youth this school year (mainly occur on weekdays)
- Be willing to complete a criminal background investigation
- No experience necessary!
- Wednesday, March 2, 6-8pm, The Environmental Center, Bend
- Saturday, March 5, 9am-3:30pm, Skyliners Lodge west of Bend
- Wednesday, March 9, 6-8pm, The Environmental Center, Bend
- Saturday, March 12, 9am-3:30pm, locations TBD
Other Volunteer Opportunities with the Children’s Forest
- Inspire youth and play outside! Work with one of our amazing partner organizations to teach students about the natural world through hands-on experience in the outdoors with their schools.
- Plan community events! Work with the Children’s Forest Coordinator and partnering organizations to coordinate upcoming events in our community, getting kids and families playing outside and having fun.
- Get the word out! Assist with creating marketing materials, take photographs at Children’s Forest events, and distribute materials in the community and at local events.
- Share your great ideas! Share your love of the outdoors and creativity to assist in creating educational materials for youth about the natural world.
- Get down with data! Help Children’s Forest staff with data entry and other administrative tasks, necessary for the work we do.
Children’s Forest of Central Oregon partners offer many exciting volunteer opportunities. Feel free to contact our partner organizations directly, if you already know which one you are interested in volunteering with.
You can fill out the above form online and save it to your computer. Then email it to Katie as an attachment.